I'll always think of you, because that is where you belong, in my head. And soon, I'll forget you.


#SpokenWordPoetry

How do I forget,

when all I remember is you and your smile?

How do I start over,

if it’s not with you?

How can I forget you?

You were all I wanted.

You were the best, you made my heart race.

I still wonder how your hug would feel like.

I still wonder how warm your hand would be, holding mine.

I still wonder how bored we’d be if we were on a long drive.

I still wonder how many restaurants we’d check off our bucket lists.

I still wonder how we’d spend an hour just sitting at a bench, people watching.

I still wonder how you felt about me.

I know my place.

I know I’m only a friend.

I know you never felt the same about me.

I know you never even considered me. I was only a friend.

But if being a friend meant that I get to keep you,

I would forever choose to be just your friend.

But you chose to let me go.

The friendship is gone, and so are you.

I guess, I never meant anything to you.

I guess, I was just a passerby.

I won’t get mad, I am not even sad.

Just let me know, how do I forget you?

How do I let you go?

How do I stop?

How do I even start again?

How do I move on?

How do I make my mind forget you?

You were all I wanted. You were the perfect one.

But “perfect” is not even real.

You are the best dream I ever had.

You left without even a trace.

I’ll always think of you,

because that is where you belong,

in my head.

And soon, I’ll forget you.

- anonymous

You Might Also Like

0 comments